Straight/CrookedPosted: February 25, 2009
This week is a bit of a hybrid: it’s sort of a general annoyance, but kind of a guilty pleasure mixed with a little more self-annoyance. Or something.
- “In the dark of night, rising like a spider” – Burning Heart by Survivor. It’s spire, not spider.
- “Stomp on your fingers, the blame is on me” – On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men. While it’s fine if you want to stomp on your own fingers, it might be more agreeable to stop pointing them.
- “I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave” – Kiss From A Rose by Seal. It’s grey rather than grave and despite that clarification, I’m not entirely sure what the phrase means.
- “Pretty eyed, bright red smile” – Tiny Dancer by Elton John. This seamstress for the band indeed had a pirate smile.
- “And then a man called out exclaims” Part-Time Lover by Stevie Wonder. Though our wife’s jump-off might stand outside our house and start yelling, he would more likely call our exchange.
If music be the food of love, play on. Just get the effing words right. Throw down.